TV towers federally governed?

Are TV towers governed federally? Can trespassing at a TV tower site be under federal jurisdiction? We had a cop recently threaten us with turning some info to the FBI and Homeland Security.>:(
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

I've heard of some instances where the Feds (FBI, DOD, etc) have leased some space on towers for their communications systems. In that case, I'd say yes - it's possible that there could be some issues with federal jurisdiction. There are some towers that are wholly owned by the feds, too. The coast guard operates quite a few towers for comm, etc. To wit

Get the FCC site number during recon and check it against the FCC database b4 proceeding. This will at least rule out fed ownership. Don't know what to tell you about cases where the feds rent space on a privately owned (or corporate owned) tower.

I can hear the charge now, "...interferring with communications vital to the security of the nation." That ought to make any solicitor drool.

bsbd,
Gardner

I know of one case (pre-9/11) where a jumper got hit with federal charges. He was busted on an air defense radar tower.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

In this this post 9/11 era, look at it like this. The feds can prosecute if they feel you pose a threat to national security. Since antennas are vital for the spread of information, they are in the interest of national security, so in theory, the feds could prosecute you for trespassing on any antenna.

It should be known also, and highly protested by all citzens, that right now, there is a memo, that is in bill format, going around the dept. of justice. This bill is on its way to congress. In short, it gives the government the right to take citizenship away from any persons, even natural born citizens, that aid in or participate in any terrorist act. Here is the scary part, the definition of terrorism in this bill, is so vague, it could be easily extended to mearly trespassing on a building, antenna, etc. if they so wish.

Would somebody ever lose citizenship for climbing an antenna, probably not, but the key word is probably. If this bill goes through, they could. Kind of scary, huh???

It should be known also, and highly protested by all citzens, that right now, there is a memo, that is in bill format, going around the dept. of justice. This bill is on its way to congress. In short, it gives the government the right to take citizenship away from any persons, even natural born citizens, that aid in or participate in any terrorist act. Here is the scary part, the definition of terrorism in this bill, is so vague, it could be easily extended to mearly trespassing on a building, antenna, etc. if they so wish.

That's interesting. Why don't you get a source and post it in Talkback. I'd love to know more.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

I'd love to know more.

I'd just like to see the source.... :S

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Would somebody ever lose citizenship for climbing an antenna, probably not, but the key word is probably. If this bill goes through, they could. Kind of scary, huh???

Sounds like a good reason to open a DZ in the Carribean?
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1