shibu

Pilot Chute Entangled with Bridle

Just the kind of "nice" videos to watch before an AFF course....

lol. Actually I think it is ggod to watch. I wish I had all of these videos available back when I took my IAF courses.

Every malfunction video has something to teach.

Just the kind of "nice" videos to watch before an AFF course....

lol. Actually I think it is ggod to watch. I wish I had all of these videos available back when I took my IAF courses.

Every malfunction video has something to teach.

Hehe..

Mess with my main..but NOT with my reserve (i.e. safety net)>:(

Videos like this produce at least more questions to ask the AFF instructor..;)

this is why i was always so nervous about doing this, because at my level i would have RATHER trusted the packer's job than my own.. I tried to skip this during my gear check but got in shit for it..

So then I would always run into manifest on a 20 minute call and spend most of that time trying to get the PC perfect. :S

At your level, you should have taken a full packing couse ( and water training ) by now. Even if you are still renting gear.

throughout my AFF program and my solo, the CSPA calls it "introduction to packing" on the skills grid. My instructors showed me how to do a line check, set my brakes, flake the cells, but then i was supposed to walk away and let the rigger do the rest. When i go for my A license i will have to do a complete pack job for a consecutive number of times under supervision, i believe..

It's just the way they did it when I learnded at Davis CA. You took the full course all at once, then we all had to go to a pool and jump in with a trashed rig with a reserve in it to weigh you down. The instructor with assistance then placed a full size canopy over you. after removing the container You had to come out of the water under the canopy with your hand extended upward, to clear an airpocket, get some air in you lungs, then get out from under the canopy. At that time I had 17 jumps and they said it was past time that I learn. Different places do different things.
Life is short ... jump often.