base704

NC BASE video online

Check out this short video of some of the highlights from last year

[www.rodriguezbrothers.com/Videopage.htm]

scroll down to base by blair, lemme know what you think, my editing sucks and none of the jumps were actually in Mexico.
You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone.

my editing sucks and none of the jumps were actually in Mexico.

So, how is the job in sales going? ;)

What kind of download speeds are you guys getting? I'm getting about 6kbps. A bit too slow for a 125MB file.

LOL
http://www.brandonandlaura.com

It took awhile to load but the jump in the rock quarry, dodging the ledges, is pretty cool. Nice video.

Baxter.

There is a black canopy in the video, which appears to have a ZP foreskin. It's in the first "Rigger Mortis" shot, and I believe I saw it again in some of the legal span footage.

I was just looking at the pressurization pattern.

Is that canopy an Ace or a Blackjack (assuming I've correctly identified the topskin composition)? Or something else entirely (if I haven't)?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

That would be an Ace...
You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone.

That video rocked! I liked the use of colours, good choon too. That A jump with the camera mounted backwards was extremely cool!

Only thing I didn't like was when you'd see a guy jump, then it was edited so you wouldn't see him pull (went straight to the next jump). I like to see the canopies come out... ;)

AAAHHHRGGG.....

Is it just me or????? Why can't I get the site to work? I probably suck....[:/]

Stay safe

// Percy

There is a black canopy in the video, which appears to have a ZP foreskin. It's in the first "Rigger Mortis" shot, and I believe I saw it again in some of the legal span footage.

ZP foreskin. . . sounds pretty sexy B|

Sorry Tom; couldn't resist!

Peace,

D-d0g
[email protected]
www.wrinko.com
+~+~+~+~
But this, surely, was the glory that no spirits, canine or human, had ever clearly seen, the light that never was on land or sea, and yet is glimpsed by the quickened mind everywhere.

Good video! The quarry static line is quite impressive - there are times when opening surge can be one's best friend.

There's good footage in there (during several of the TF jumps) of what happens with non-vented pilot chutes. Violent oscillation- it is easy to see from this video why apex-mounted PCs are (or should be) absolutely standard gear for any jump where there is object strike potential. If you are wondering about vented PCs, watch this video and it will help to lay out the convincing case for this technology as a major improvement in BASE gear.

Peace,

D-d0g
[email protected]
www.wrinko.com
+~+~+~+~
But this, surely, was the glory that no spirits, canine or human, had ever clearly seen, the light that never was on land or sea, and yet is glimpsed by the quickened mind everywhere.

wow man, great videos!!! and your editing skills definetely don't suck as much as mine do... :P

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org

I understand the oscillating p/c theory, but can't see where that comes in to play here...I didn't see any off headings that i would attribute to p/c performance

It looks like on the one bridge jump the PC rotates and the canopy turns coming off the back in the same direction as the spinning PC.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

which one?

Time code starting 1:58-2:03., The PC is spinning counterclockwise and the canopy opens to the left by 90 degrees. It took frame by frame for me to catch it, but as the canopy is coming out its being spun by the PC.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com