fatso

phantom 3 Leg-wing won't inflate when back flying

when im back flying in my phantom 3 my legwing will not inflate. ive checked my videos and it very rarely inflates no matter how wide or narrow i have my legs. my friends legwings inflate in their shadow's while they fly next to me and we have a similar fall rate. any help would be good

fatso

when im back flying in my phantom 3 my legwing will not inflate. ive checked my videos and it very rarely inflates no matter how wide or narrow i have my legs. my friends legwings inflate in their shadow's while they fly next to me and we have a similar fall rate. any help would be good

Does your suit have backfly inlets? Can you post video or stills?

Hi Ash,

Though dropzone.com is a great place, you'll probably have better luck talking to the manufacturer about the problem. No idea what it may be, but shoot me an email on [email protected] and we will figure it out, and if need be do a fix in the factory or replace the suit for you free of charge.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Although it could be a suit issue, I find it's frequently a body position issue, too.
For example, if you push/stretch some suits too hard, you can choke it off, depending on how it fits. Or, sometimes the vents are in a burble. Or, it *might* be a suit issue.

thanks DSE. that was more the reason i posted here. it was to get feedback from others to see what may be happening.

the suit is tight and i havent put on weight or anything. choking it makes a bit of sense. the suit came much tighter than i expected and i really feel i cant get the most out of it .. i cant seem to stretch it 100%. its weird how i fly with 3 guys all on our back. all similar weight and all similar body positions. yet im sinking and leg doesnt inflate most of the time.

fatso

its weird how i fly with 3 guys all on our back. all similar weight and all similar body positions. yet im sinking and leg doesnt inflate most of the time.

This is a hint of a clue, because leg wing inflating or not, you shouldn't be sinking. I'm a heavy guy, I have to fly a bit differently than the lighter guys. Butt cheeks squeezed, feet out to the side may make a big difference.

I think the issue with mine is that the vents are in the burble of my rig. I have a Vector 3 (not micron) with a 150 canopy so it is relatively large and lower on my back than most rigs. The leg will inflate if I backfly an exit but then lost pressurization when I settle out. I'm almost 100% sure it is a combination of my rig and my flying technique

I think the issue with mine is that the vents are in the burble of my rig.

Shouldnt be an issue. I backfly with all shapes/sizes rigs, even up to 210 student rigs, and never a problem. It is important to never use a 'sit' position (legs up, but down) backflying.

zero speed = arms open, legs closed, straight spine
full speed = arms open, legs open, straight spine

And you work the subtle differences and angle from the shoulder. When you put your but into it, you do burble the inlets and may get less that perfect inflation. Every year many hundreds of suits are made, so chances of one or two having an issue, its possible.

But contact us at PF, and be it technique or actual suit issue. We'll work it out, and make sure you end up smiling.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?