splat123

C130 Exit With Ninja Popup trick ?

The barrel roll at the end of the Phoenix Fly video is bossome.

I once did a 200 mph exit out of a CASA with a wingsuit. I got way further above the airplane than I had thought possible. I had my arms and legs out more than in the video, and kept rigid with all of my strength to stay symmetrical and (hopefully) avoid flipping. At that speed, suit integrity was definitely a concern. I remember the initial pressure on my leg wing feeling incredibly strong.

I only have a few Hercules jumps, but one extra point to take into consideration is the turbulence right off the tailgate. The center of the tailgate has cleaner air, so if 4 people exit in a line, the 2 on the outside will experience dirty air on their outboard wing.

Have fun, be safe, and make sure to share the video.

We did about 20 of these at the Herc Boogie 2002, I was outside camera and a small point I would make if there's a large group or packed exit get clean air before spreading wings. So dont bang out wings until your a second + of the back otherwise your in the aircraft burble and if theirs a group we had 3 to 4 lines deep of wingsuiters the worst thing is having someone bang out in front of you and muller you as you find clean air. Though made for some entertaining film work as the colourful spin cycle fell away and then pinged off to refind the formation.:)

Dont just talk about it, Do it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk6Ij-KrvPk

My suggestion'd be to use the first 1.5-2 seconds or so to settle on the air before hitting the gas. Simply snapping wings open hard is an abrupt and destabilizing shock in a higher airflow than most birds are used to. Hit the air flat, settle, get a feel for it for just a second, then smoothly dig in and hit it.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.