dtbecker

Proximity Flying and Basejump

Hello,

I am interested in getting into Wing Suit flying but have a long way to go as I work towards 200 jumps. I know proximity flying is illegal in the United States, but how is base jumping off a mountain not illegal? Does anyone offer base jumping with a wing suit?

Act like an adult and do some research ... most of your questions have already been asked and answered.

Bluhdow

These guys will be happy to answer all of your questions.

I doubt they will be happy to answer any of your questions.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

I'm afraid you've been misinformed. Skydiving is full of rules and regulations that USPA uses to keep the FAA happy. BASE jumping isn't controlled by the FAA so there aren't any regulations for BASE. You can go ahead and get a wingsuit and a BASE rig and jump. Proximity flying is perfectly legal and there are tons of legal mountains to jump off. Best of luck!
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

Can you add a few details about the 0 to ws base program?
As far as I can tell it takes 100s of ws skydives to get to the point when you can even start thinking about ws base. How are you going to run a course that might require months/years of training? I don't mean this in a sarcastic way, some training is probably better than none, just wondering?

B52

Can you add a few details about the 0 to ws base program?
As far as I can tell it takes 100s of ws skydives to get to the point when you can even start thinking about ws base. How are you going to run course that might require months/years of training? I don't mean this in a sarcastic way, just wondering?

If your are serious you can contact us directly and we can discuss it. There are no guarantees that someone entering the program will one day BASE Wingsuit. They could fail a gate check at many points during the progression.

Everyone that Wingsuit BASE jumps started with 0 jumps so we know it is possible, the journey and pace is normally determined by the individual. We are providing a focused road map with coaches for individuals that are able to give a 100% commitment for a period of time.

The training doesn't just include the skydiving side of things but also the mental and outdoor skills.

Not everyone that applies for the program will be admitted.

It is similar to someone that sets a goal of climbing for Everest but has little big mountain experience. It is possible but not for the majority.

The skeleton program is 3 months of full time commitment. I didn't talk to anyone yet that would be able to make that work. The few that have been seriously interested have since found other goals after just a few interviews. Most people don't appreciate the risks when they first fantasize about this stuff.
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

..and I should add. The people that this is designed for don't include in their top 10 questions "how much is it?".

Also, the goal is to wingsuit BASE not to Wingsuit BASE Proxy. BIG difference!
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com