jojames

Ghost, shadow or havoc Need advice

I'm trying to decided between these 3 wings. Has anyone got advice on the pros and cons of these. I've been flying the phantom and want to try a different wing and the havoc, shadow and ghost are the ones that have been recommended to me. Any advice would be great

I've been flying a Phantom 2 and recently put a Havok order in the queue. I flew a friend's Havok to check it out and that was all the proof I needed that it was my best option.

Even according to PF's descriptions and star rating system it seems like the Havok can do everything the Ghost can do and more. Perhaps someone with more experience can chime in...but for an all around suit would there be any benefit that the Ghost would provide which the Havok couldn't? Maybe marginally better performance...

I'm not sure why the Shadow is on your short list. It's basically a Phantom without grippers.
Apex BASE

Perhaps someone with more experience can chime in...but for an all around suit would there be any benefit that the Ghost would provide which the Havok couldn't?

Depends what flying position you like the feel of.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Even according to PF's descriptions and star rating system it seems like the Havok can do everything the Ghost can do and more.

The star system is a bit of a rough indicator. In terms of freefall/distance, the Ghost has a bit more over the Havok. In terms of agility the Havok wins.

Some people like flying with grippers, and cant stand the feeling of having nothing in their hands. Initially not having grippers will feel a bit weird, but the cleaner way of flying (not using bad techniques like using grippers to break/adjust) will make your flying a lot more smooth and agile.

Here is some video shot with the Havok over Puerto Rico yesterday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtVH_AlYXTQ
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?