pocketsx

Canopy question.

I've been thinking about flying a wing suit for a while now but never have because of my canopy. I wanted to get some opinions before I make my decision on what to do. Some quick background on me first. Been jumping for 10 years, about 1000 jumps, fly a 108 sq ft xaos 21, weight 175 pounds.

I'm pretty sure that my current canopy isnt recommended, so I wanted to get some experienced opinions on what you would recommend I get if I decide to buy a suit. Thanks.

I've been thinking about flying a wing suit for a while now but never have because of my canopy. I wanted to get some opinions before I make my decision on what to do. Some quick background on me first. Been jumping for 10 years, about 1000 jumps, fly a 108 sq ft xaos 21, weight 175 pounds.

I'm pretty sure that my current canopy isnt recommended, so I wanted to get some experienced opinions on what you would recommend I get if I decide to buy a suit. Thanks.

What's you budget?
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

No real budget. Going to have to sell the xaos to get something else. That's the issue. Depending on the canopy and size recommended I'm going to have to choose between flying a wing suit or a canopy.

I built a second wingsuit setup with a Dolphin, Argus, Smart and Sabre for under $1500. This is how much a nice main could cost you if you go that route.

Most wingsuit pilots prefer a bigger canopy to give them time to work any issues. There are of course exceptions to that.

My advice would be to borrow a rig and get some wingsuiting in so you know what the openings are all about. That is what I tell people that have incompatible canopies for a FFC. At the end of the day (Post FFC) they can jump any canopy they want but they should first have some openings so they know what they are in for.

My 2c.
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

What about setting up a second canopy? Get Pilot chute, d-bag, canopy and risers set up and it only takes about 10 minutes or less to switch between canopies. I personally a couple years back did that total cost was $650 for everything(that was alot of bargain hunting too) now I have a Sabre 1 135 that only has 300 jumps on it ready to swap out when I want to seriously fly wingsuits.
Kirk
He's dead Jim