flooglebinder

Flysight use for freefly?

The updated firmware is available here (links in the "Beta" row have been updated):

http://flysight.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Latest_firmware

Two major changes have been made:

• In the "Tone Settings" section, I've added a "Chirp" option. When this is set to "1", the FlySight will chirp up when the value is below the minimum, and down when it's above the maximum. An up-chirp sounds like "bweep", while a down-chirp sounds like "beeoop". This should make it a lot easier to use the FlySight to bracket, e.g., your vertical speed.

• To improve FlySight's accuracy when indicating vertical speed, I've also added a "Use_SAS" option in the new "Miscellaneous" section at the bottom of the config file. When this is set to "1", the FlySight will compensate for the expected increase in terminal velocity at higher altitudes. Logged speeds will still be accurate, but an adjusted speed will be used to calculate tone pitch and rate.

Hope this helps. If you have any problems, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Michael

I have just updated again (twice) to get the chirp option up and running. But its not there? Is there a way to check if the update worked other than looking at the config file?

No No my bad I forgot to delete the config file than do the on off..... Its all good, chirp is there. Time to play.

Once again thanks for ya help you are awesome. And so is flysight.