Arvoitus

Have you seen the new Transformers?

I watched it last night in the local theater in 3D and I would definitively recommend seeing it in 3D even if its only for those two 30 second and 10 second scenes.

After all how many times do you get to see actual real wingsuits in 3D in a multimillion Hollywood production?
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Took my kids to see last night in 3D.

It had the usual Hollywood movie endless freefall deal, but other wise was pretty well done. Very little use of close-up shots of the 'stars' supposedly skydiving, which always ends up looking especailly fake and subtracts from the effect.

I looked to me like they used all the footage of actual jumpers, then used the computers to mulitply the jumpers and adjust their trajectory. Knowing what I know, you could tell it was altered, but non-jumpers would easily believe the shots are genuine.

I did like the part where they had a group of jumpers carve around a building, and a second later there was another 'squadron' coming around the same corner behind them. Again, it was just them laying multiple shots of the one group over one another, but it appears like there were 15-20 wingsuiters bombing around a building at once. Given than I saw the footage of the actual jumps, it was a surprise to see the other group come around the corner, and it looked real.

The rest of the movie was 'meh', like most Micheal Bay summer blockbusters, lots of action and cheesey lines, short on much of anything else (except wingsuits and BASE jumping in this case). I would see more of his movies if they all featured wingsuits, skydiving and BASE jumping. I could think of 10 ways to work them into 'Pearl Harbor'......