howardwhite

"Q" boogie at Jumptown

I think Howard meant to post this in the CRW forum, since that's what Mike Lewis does...

Having said that, this is a rare opportunity for wingsuiters to jump a Caribou - there hasn't been one used as a jump ship in the north east since 1992.

The Flock U guys will be out, and they're organizing some fun speciality jumps, including CRW flybys (yeah, they'll mention it to Mike first), smoke jumps, and more. I believe there will be first flight courses for those who are interested and a Flock U coach class. (Talk to the guys in Flock U to confirm that if you're interested in either.)

The birdhouse kegerator has been restored to life and will be doing its magic after hours, and since I'm going to be there, there will be a metric ass load of fireworks.

This being dropzone, let's start the list. Wingsuiters I already know will be there are:

1. Skwrl
2. Lurch
3. Matt Veno
4. Rick Hough
5. Justin Shorb
6. Joner
7. JP
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

What little I can find on the net about these puppies says this is one of the last working Caribou left in existence.

I wonder how it climbs... Howie, you always seem to know everything about ancient jumpships, what can you tell us about this thing? Is this somebody's private museum piece they brought online for this, or does this thing just earn its keep running around doing whatever a big old tailgater is good for when its not dropping jumpers? How the heck did they get ahold of this thing? I mean, Casas and Skyvans are common enough, but I've never even heard of an active turbo Caribou let alone expected to ever get to jump one.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Fantastic weekend at Jumptown - the Caribou is a Hell of a lot of fun to jump from.

Friday, Saturday and Monday made for great jumping, and while Sunday was weathered out, we still got a couple in.

When we got bored on Sunday, we put together the attached. (And to save everyone time, yes, my Photoshop skills suck, I know that already.)
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork