Titanium_Gecko

WS Canopy for Icon I2

One comment: when I bought my Icon (about 5 years ago), I found out the sizing chart on the website was wrong from Aerodyne's own sales rep. I wanted to get an I3 with Pilot 132 and Smart 135 (which was what THEIR sizing chart recommended), and he told me I needed an I4 for those canopies. I took his advice and it all fits perfect.

I don't know if they've fixed their chart since then, or changed the container up, but if it's still the same, an I2 would fit a very small canopy I'd imagine.

I load my 132 around 1.4-1.5.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

One comment: when I bought my Icon (about 5 years ago), I found out the sizing chart on the website was wrong from Aerodyne's own sales rep. I wanted to get an I3 with Pilot 132 and Smart 135 (which was what THEIR sizing chart recommended), and he told me I needed an I4 for those canopies. I took his advice and it all fits perfect.

I don't know if they've fixed their chart since then, or changed the container up, but if it's still the same, an I2 would fit a very small canopy I'd imagine.

I load my 132 around 1.4-1.5.

Probably because of the smart 135, not the main.

I have a smart 120 in my I3 and just replaced my pilot 124 with a vengeance 135, an older canopy though, otherwise it'd be a pain to pack but packing it while a tightish fit is actually doable even by me :$

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Thanks folks.

I already have the I2 (exceptional fit/colours/deal), as a progression rig, so it's really what's the biggest canopy I can fit in it, without endless packing nightmares.

It'll take a Pilot 124 ZPX and an Optimum 126, say, but I was wondering about other things; Safire 119 or Storm 120 etc.

Cheers,
Gecko
www.gathhelmets.co.uk
www.flyyourbody.com

Thanks folks.

I already have the I2 (exceptional fit/colours/deal), as a progression rig, so it's really what's the biggest canopy I can fit in it, without endless packing nightmares.

It'll take a Pilot 124 ZPX and an Optimum 126, say, but I was wondering about other things; Safire 119 or Storm 120 etc.

Cheers,
Gecko

Well a safire 1 119 would fit yeah, but only because a safire 1 is about 8% smaller than the label says. Mine packed fine in an atom 000 (up to 110 sqft canopy).
A safire 2 119 would be another animal tho.

That's why I said fusion 120, as mine fits great in my Atom as well. A pulse 120 would also fit however I didn't like the pulse over 1:1.4.
Canopies that did NOT fit were pilot 117, diablo 120, triathlon 120, springo 120 (well I did cram that one in for a season... not good for rig).

ciel bleu,
Saskia