west33freefall

Dolphin Container and Wingsuiting?

I am looking to get into wingsuiting. I made about 5 jumps on a GTI a while back and fell in love with it. I want to get a rig just for the wingsuit, or just to belly fly with as well. I do a lot of camera work and freeflying with my other rig and I am a poor college student who is getting married. I really don't see many problems with the Dolphin containers with belly flying (I would refuse to jump one freeflying) but didn't know if anyone has experience or opinions about jumping one with a wingsuit. Seems like it would be fine since your belly to earth the majority of the time. Thanks.

If it is airworthy and safe to jump ,it will do for the time being. Once you start to get into acrobatics and start doing barrel rolls, rodeos, etc, you may want to consider something different.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

... (I would refuse to jump one freeflying) but didn't know if anyone has experience or opinions about jumping one with a wingsuit. ...

I did all my wingsuit and freefly jumps with my Dolphin. In my opinion, it is a great container for any skydiving discipline.

A few years back the Dolphin may not have been freefly friendly, but any Dolphin container manufactured in the last five years have great bridle protection and tuck tabs.

I did not have any special wingsuit mods for mine either, and did not have any problems.

If you are going to wingsuit, it might be a good idea to have a longer bridle and larger PC on whatever container you get. Even if you get that configuration the same rig could be used for any discipline in my opinion. You shouldn't need a separate rig for wingsuits until you decide to downsize to a crazy small canopy.

Have fun and let us know what you end up with.
... Marion