skydiverkeith

Er, um, okay...

Just out of curiosity, because it might become important during some point of my first flight on this suit...

What exactly is the best way to get the gripper out of the way when pulling in a P2?

Or do you just pull while still holding the gripper?

And no, its not a joke. I genuinely am this stupid...
Blue skies,
Keith Medlock

Best thing to do is speak to an experienced wingsuit coach / pilot face to face with all your questions.

The gripper wont be in the way when you go to pull, but in the unlikely event you find wing instead of handle, stick both hands on your butt, and work them up until you find the BOC and then your handle.

The P2 is not a big wing though, and you shouldn't find gripper / wing in the way.

Just remember to let go of the gripper before going in for the pull :)

Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Best thing to do is speak to an experienced wingsuit coach / pilot face to face with all your questions.

It didn't occur to ask since the three other suits I jumped had no grippers.

Just remember to let go of the gripper before going in for the pull :)

ROFL! Just to be sure, I checked and verified that you CAN pull while holding the gripper. :S
Thanks for the input. I just noticed that it gets in the way on the ground, although I know the in-air dynamics will be quite different.
Blue skies,
Keith Medlock

"What exactly is the best way to get the gripper out of the way when pulling in a P2?

Or do you just pull while still holding the gripper?

And no, its not a joke. I genuinely am this stupid... "

:D

Nice idea to let go of the gripper first.
After holding it during the flight I find it helpful to do a definite release by flicking fingers fully open rather than just casually letting go.
Your fully open hands with extended fingers are much better at feeling what is going on during deployment than a crunched up semi-closed hand.

As for stupid, my first flight on a Phantom I happily deployed the gripper and took at least another 1000 very flappy feet to finally get a pilot chute out.