mccordia

Darren/Zoter - with us no more...

Though already mentioned on other forums, Darren (aka Zoter/Mad Dog) was a regular poster here, made many great wingsuit videos, and was lately 'close to fulltime' wingsuit flyer. So I think he deserves his mention here.

Darren sadly had a BASE accident two days ago, merely slipping at the exit point at an underhung cliff in Swiss.
With no altitude to recover and get his wingsuit flying, he did manage to deploy his canopy, but sadly the direction it opened had him collide with the wall.

He was someone very methodical about what he did, and not into rushing towards proximity flying or glorifying his own mistakes in 'look at me' videos.

Sadly not all of his videos are available on skydivingmovies.com anymore, but he leaves a great selection of videos that hint a bit at the fun person (and great video editor) he was.

Darren and Matt were always the two people I had this 'silent' friendly competition with, just in terms of making my next video better and more fun to watch.

A jump with him, freefly or wingsuit, was never a dull one. Reactive, responsive and always full of smiles. He will be missed dearly...
The world had lost another great wingsuit flyer, skydiver, basejumper, urban explorer, photographer, friend, boyfriend and family member..

If you are jumping this coming weekend..make one for Darren..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?