Birdman_Mike

Wingsuits at the Belize Boogie!

Are any wingsuiters planning to go to the Belize Boogie (Feb 14th - Feb 23rd)? I went last year after
the Puerto Rico boogie and had an awesome time. This is really a great boogie. The view is amazing! The hotel is within walking distance of the airport (In fact, it is right across the street). Also, there is a scuba boat that leaves from the hotel.

It is unfortunate that it occurs just after Puerto Rico, but it is definitely worth attending. This is the fifth year of the boogie, so I don't know how many more years it will occur. If you have a significant other that does not jump, then this is the boogie to bring her/him along (especially if she/he scuba dives).

The Blue Hole jump is scheduled for Friday, Feb 20th. Even if you can't make the entire boogie, it is worth going just for this jump. This jump is 60 miles off the coast of Belize into the Blue Hole atoll. Yes, last year I made an intentional water landing with my wingsuit. It was not hard to get out of the suit and harness. I had flotation gear, but I did not have to use it. You can purchase demo gear, if you do not want to get your own gear wet.

After the Blue Hole jump, the scuba dive into the Blue Hole is great (130 - 140 feet deep :) Then, we make one or two dives on the way back to the hotel.

Check out the website for details

http://www.skydivebelize.com/

Let me know if you are thinking about going, and we can discuss travel arrangements.

Purple Mike

Note: This boogie has a 500 total jump minimum.

If you'll wear a camera, Mike will find you a wingsuit to wear!

I have jumped with camera a 75-100 jumps before a friend of mine lost mine in free fall:S, but i dout i will be mixing the two for my first wingsuit jump;)
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

I have jumped with camera a 75-100 jumps before a friend of mine lost mine in free fall:S, but i dout i will be mixing the two for my first wingsuit jump;)

Nor should you consider doing your first wingsuit jump anywhere near water, let alone into water, as I'm sure you know. :)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Nor should you consider doing your first wingsuit jump anywhere near water, let alone into water, as I'm sure you know. :)

You are correct! I have no plan on doing my first wingsuit jump's anywhere but at my home DZ with the rig i jump all the time. When i do my first jump i will be very comfy with my surroundings so i can concentrate on the (new) task at hand instead of more new stuff!

Edit to add

let alone into water

I dont PLAN on landing in the water no matter what type of jump im on,but we shall see:D:D[:/]B|

SDDallas is my home DZ. I dont know if we have a formal WS instructor. Never asked cuase i hadn't talked myself into yet;) I know Chef Mike was talking about taking a ws instructor course but dont know if he did yet. Will look around and ask some people.