regulator

Recently A-Licensed skydiver wanting to get into wingsuiting

Ok so I got my license several months ago and yes I'm not current because I lost my job at the beginning of the year and I was unemployed for several months and skydiving wasnt a necessity so, I took some time off. When it warms up here (which shouldnt be too much longer since I'm in south texas. Let me be honest with you...All I want to do now that I've got my license is wingsuiting. However, because I'm still a noob, I don't know all the criteria for starting doing wingsuit jumps. Obviously, my first 20 or so jumps will be just me catching back up to the game again. But is there any criteria like going into freeflying. Most of the sources I spoke with before told me to go out and do RW jumps before you want to attempt to start freeflying. That makes sense to me, since before I can think about entering the 'other' dimension of flying I should be good on my belly. Are there any guidelines like this for wingsuiting? I mean I can track decently for a recently licensed jumper, but is there any more I should know before I start asking jumpers at my DZ for advice to start wingsuiting? Thanks for your advice in advance.

Paul

The FAQ link below this post of mine also has a short description on basic skills, currency and needed experience..

There is a lot of written material online and in books, but no single paragraph of text will ever be worth more than actual hands-on skydiving..

Just jump :) A lot!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

awww, come on, you guys are slacking, i was just about to grab my popcorn.. :D

I brought beer but no bashing show :(
Hey, virgin-burner - let's go to "Video and Photo" and enjoy the show...
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.