skyjumpsteve

Free jump @ Pepperell on Saturday

OK New England birds....it hasn't been a great few weeks due to weather,schedule, and plane issues but get yer ass out to Pepperell by the first load on Saturday and the jump is on me. Weather forecast for Saturday is looking good (puffies!) so get out there and get your flock on. No Lurch....your first load at noon doesn't qualify.... ;)

(stumbles into the thread, looking confused) What? When? Whose fault is this! Steve? Whats the call? Wheres my rig? I better at least get a text message 45 prior or I'll have no idea who to blame if I miss it. Coffee? You guys know I don't even wake up till we're halfway down anyway. I can make it if I skip the shower and go straight to dunkins and the highway... be all philosophical about it, proof that I exist... I stink, therefore, I am. What the fuck.
Lets do it. You rock Steve. Just for this, I'll take someone else out next jump and not even blame it on you.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Right. Saturday. Rain bath. Go to DZ. Coffee. Box of. Coffee rolls. Gotta have coffee rolls.
Off to a gritty start this morning. I ditched my stupidly expensive cable modem yesterday and spent this morning setting up a home network. In typical backasswards Lurch fashion I wound up getting my broadband to the home PC by ethernetting it to my laptop and using the laptops's bluetooth to talk to a cellphone hanging in a basement window. The bandwidth sucked with the phone barely picking up 2 bars till I hung a tinfoil-lined plastic salad bowl over the phone in the window which proved to make for a stunningly effective makeshift relay dish! Good for an additional 20-30 kPS! Who needs cable when you can surf with a salad bowl? Fuck yeah!
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.