DSE

Wingsuits n' the Great Salt Lake

What an incredible time; this needs to become an annual event on the "wingsuit circuit"

I would like to thank the "unsung" heroes; especially DSE's wife Lynda who took the time to make the Walmart runs keeping the ice coolers stocked with water, Gatorade, and providing lunch on both days so we could stay focused and not distracted by hunger or thirst. She also "herded cats" coordinating our evening get togethers on Friday and Saturday night.

Many thanks the Skydive Utah owners, pilots, and staff who made the wingsuit event successful with the high tandem business demand of the King Air.

Phil.....you seem MUCH HAPPIER on your new DZ; good to see you again!

A LOT of "behind the scenes" effort was put into this by the DZ that we probably were not aware of ( i.e. FAA permitting etc for the Farnsworth Run ). The work put into this event really showed in its success and good vibe.

Many thanks to the volunteers who manned up the ground / retrieval crews for the Farnsworth Peak high altitude-distance jump. DSE's briefing for this jump that included a multimedia presentation of GPS maps for inflight and parachute opening , planning of landing areas, high altitude briefing was the best I have ever participated in.

DSE did a great job in coordinating local media. The reporters even participated in the retrieval crews for the Farnsworth run and saw before their own eyes Callantine flying overhead winning the distance challenge.....in a relatively "smaller" Tony Wraptor....what a bird; he ought to get some kind of trophy or something for that flight.

In addition to winning distance Scott Callantine reported over 4 minutes of flight on his Altimaster Neptune. I guess this settles the arguement that its the number of jumps a wingsuit pilot has and not necessarily a relatively larger wingsuit that matters. It shows that buying a bigger "better" product is no substitute for lots (1,000 plus) of wingsuit jumps. Wingsuit pilots don't do "tunnel". Wingsuit pilots don't "fly" in simulators. We EARN our experience one jump/flight at a time; fly wingsuits!

We had one reporter / photographer stay with the birds all day and take an observor ride for more photographs. The newspaper media was very inquisitive, sincerely interested, and highly engaged to get a complete in depth story.

Thanks to Justin Shorb of Flock U who brought MANY Tony Wingsuits to try and fly. My Eloy wingman Shawn McClaughlin was able to rent a DZ rig with the new PD Storm which gave much better openings than his usual ride of a Stilletto. On our last flight at Eloy the weekend prior Shawn had to chop his Stilletto after a nasty spin up on a wingsuit deployment. As far as wingsuit canopies go; thumbs up on the new PD Storm!

My wife Anne got felt up....uh I mean measured for her first wingsuit a Tony Intro and many other flockers got measured for future orders to be placed; thanks Justin and Flock University!

Thanks for a great weekend! Great to fly with everyone new and old! Look forward to some more flocking with all of you guys.

Spot- you put together a great gathering of talent! Thanks for including me in it.

See all of you in the future!

Stu

Spot,
Let me toss in my thanks for an amazing weekend as well! I know you put in a boatload of work pulling this event together, and I hope the weekend surpassed all your expectations. Farnsworth Run was such a cool experience - I will cherish those memories for a lifetime! And many, many thanks to Lynda for all that she did behind the scenes! She rocks!!!

Skydive Utah - what can I say?? A great group from DZO to manifest to packers to pilots to instructors - fantastic hosts, and thanks to you for all the background work that made this event possible.

And thanks to all you talented mother-flockers that came out and made this event the huge success that it was! I have never had so much fun jumping a King - that was some sweet flying!

I am still looking for links for the other papers that came by, but here is a link to the article that was published in Monday's Salt Lake Tribune:
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_9873424 Be sure to look in the photo gallery - there are some "unpublished pictures" available on-line that didn't make it in the print version.

C'Caw!!!

Wow... what can i say. This was just such an incredible expierence. Everyone did a phenominal job~ Farnsworth run will always be in my mind as one of the best jumps with some of the best friends that a man could ever ask for. Pics are now posted on my website and I cant thank everyone enough. Spot put so much work into this event we all owe him a debt of gratitude for everything, including just being himself. The entire staff of Skydive Utah did an amazing job and were just some of the nicest people youd want to meet. Oh and Spot, not sure how you did/do it, but WOW your woman is so much hotter than you~ thanks Linda for everything~ you ROCK! Everyone right down to students all made this event truly worthwhile, and Dont buddy breathe if justin if you want to breathe on a high alt. jump, hes a hose hog....

Blue Skies all~

Scotty

sky2productions.com
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography

Nice Pics Scotty, I expected nothing less! Utah08-9929 was cool with the completed formation and the airport. Cropped a touch at the top to 8x10 from 8x12 I can see that one on the wall at the airport and maybe my wall! :)
Thanks,
Scott C.

"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I believe that its about to make its way up on their wall, and since ur the guy who got the flock away from the mountain the best~ im sure we can get one to ya.... hell i might even give you a deal bro~ well call it for a hat? :P shoulda grabbed that hat when i had the chance, drove ragtop jeep the whole next day i was stuck there~ coulda used it..lol
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography

Deal on the hat for a Pic! Let me know where to send it!! Full res Digital file would work !! That pic looks good cropped. I played with the low res version and I think the full res will be a very nice shot cropped to 8x10

As always, you Da Man!!! Let me see what I can come up with next weekend. If my plans come together I should have some cool shots to show..

Scott
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"