base729

Difference in suits

So in 2002, I ordered my wingsuit in advance of a BASE trip. It showed up the wrong color, but BM let me jump it until the corrected suit showed up. The wrong color suit seemed to fly very well. It would easily 'inflate' and seemed to lift the rig up off my back when it seemed to be flying well. I had pretty good decent rates as well.

The new suit showed up, and with that one, I couldn't achieve the same fall rates, and was never able to get that 'inflated' senstation. I've been out of the sport for a while, but am heading to Perris in a few weeks and wanted to jump the hell out of my old WS so I can upgrade to a new one, but still remembered the problem of getting my current one to fly right.

Any suggestions for changing technique? Whatever I did on the original suit seemed to work, but same method on the 2nd one and not so good results.

Joe

Though tons of advice is possible online, your best bet would be finding someone capable of keeping up with you, and asking him/her to shoot a few frames of video on your flying and body position.

That person may be able to already tell you some things about what you are doing right, and what you may need to change or update in your body position.

And posting such a video online also gives us 'couch potatoes' a better chance at giving you tips and hints from the comfort of our keyboards..B|

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Ditto what Jarno said.

What suit do you own? And was it the same model suit as the one you had before.

Eg, BM did a firebird, but then released an 'R' version.

:)

Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies