Trae

Linked exits and linked formations

Is there such a thing as a recorded largest linked WS formation or exit?

Does any-one have any input about how a larger (4-6way) linked formation flies? (or would fly)??

I've been thinking that if say a 4way diamond was built it may be possible to give it some stability by good use of weight distribution and level control..with the tail lighter /slightly lower with arms up a bit).

If the wings (L & R sides) flew with some positive tension would that help stability.

Any thoughts??

This topic begun to be discussed in the mean of this post:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1216467

Is there such a thing as a recorded largest linked WS formation or exit?

Does any-one have any input about how a larger (4-6way) linked formation flies? (or would fly)??

I've been thinking that if say a 4way diamond was built it may be possible to give it some stability by good use of weight distribution and level control..with the tail lighter /slightly lower with arms up a bit).

If the wings (L & R sides) flew with some positive tension would that help stability.

Any thoughts??

Leo Holanda

:)Ta

Sooooo.... has any one done a 4 way linked exit (diamond) and flown it successfully ?

Thinking it may be no big deal exiting linked if wingswere held shut and only opened slowly in some type of sequence.
Why?... why not?

Sounds good:)
What do you need to watch out for in the 2 way exits?
I'd imagine keeping the wings closed for a bit and then opening to some kind of plan would be required.

In the larger linked formations did you put in any tension to hold them apart or fly your slot as rock solid as poss?

Linked gainers are a fucking HOOT! The key is exiting simultaneously, while at the same time throwing your gainer at the same rotational rate. Keeping a bit of pressure to the outside will prevent you from pancake-smacking into each other mid-gainer (right Jason?:P Or was it the Professor? It was fun anyway, huh?). Perry and I did a couple of really nice ones at Palatka a couple of years ago, both of us with video.

Perry and I did a couple of really nice ones at Palatka a couple of years ago, both of us with video.

Don't forget about the one you and Jay did in Deland. I've got a picture of it somewhere.

At the Lake Wales boogie, cancer Chris, myself and The111 did a 3 way linked poised exit off of the tailgate that was pretty interesting. I think there is footage of it in one of Matts videos somewhere.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING