Caseadilla

Voodoo V2.0

not sure if this is the norm or what but the 2 voodoo rigs I have seen and tried on were good in all aspects except for the leg straps. The rigs were custom ordered but the leg strap padding stopped way short of where they should to be comfortable.
One of the containers was $1800 new sold for $500 2 months later so the jumper could buy an Odessey and the same container was sold 3 months later for $400 and is now for sale again as it is extremely uncomfortable in the leg area. This may have been corrected by now but I do not know.

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

The VooDoo is a great rig thats based on the Talon basics.

Only gripe Ihave with it is its a 1 size rig. You order it to fit one size main and thats all that will look good in it. Stuff 1 size larger of a canopy in it and its looking like a prenant guppy and 1 size smaller it has wrinkles and sags everywhere.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Don't care for them myself.

I don't like where the rings end up sitting on your shoulders (higher than most rigs), the leg strap angle is uncomfortable, and I'm not keen on the looks.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

the leg strap padding stopped way short of where they should to be comfortable.

Did you contact RI and ask about it? Who measured you and did they follow RI's measuring instructions? Why not just have RI (or a capable rigger) install longer leg pads?

Mine's still missing an important part (reserve), but first impressions were quite good. Riser protection seems rock-solid, the pin flap is the tightest I've seen so far and the rig looks just wicked. Btw, my leg strap padding is the right length. Also, it took them only 6 weeks to make it, tie-dye and all.
Regarding canopy sizes; I have a V2 model which is made for a 135/135 combination. Considering pack volumes, a Tempo 150 will fit in without a problem, while the smallest main that can be put in is something cross-braced in the 100sq.ft. range. So I think my Voodoo should serve me just fine for a couple of thousand jumps.

I had an early one, and I really wasn't happy with it. RI was very nice and tried to work on it three times, but it just wasn't coming out right. Maybe the newer ones are better!

IMO, the smaller sizes are acceptable, the larger ones (over 120's) are not. They just look like junk.

The Talon II was a kick-ass rig. I had three of them and they were all great. Super geometry (you could over-stuff or under-stuff it, and it looked great), great fit and great function.

I think RI made a mistake when they "upgraded" to the Voodoo. The rig, IMO, has poor geometry and the mfg. simply tried to replace good designing with stiffening the rig to force a shape. Bad idea, and it shows.

I'm not sure why they got rid of the Talon II either. They changed it to the newer Talon version, which keeps only some of the Talon II's great characteristics, and incorporates far too many of the less-than-desirable Voodoo characteristics.

I will give them this, the leg strap configuration on the Voodoo is top notch, very comfortable...the rest of it should go away.

...just my $.02, nothing more...

"...and once you had tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward.
For there you have been, and there you long to return..."