Jiggs

Visual Effects

Hi guys and gals:

We have an opportunity to do some pretty cool jumps over my home city and I was thinking it would be kind of cool to punch up the visuals on these jumps (other than the fantastic backgrounds) and have a bit of a play with some cheapo extras - I am thinking of flour as opposed to true smoke on some of our fliers - will set a nice base and create some cool visuals. I was thinking it would look cool to chuck on some of those 100+ feet long streamers on some of the jumps - but I doubt that they would last very long - has anyone got any ideas? It would be pretty cool to be able to see the glide slope of the wing!

What are your experiences?

Cheers!
"Don't blame malice for what stupidity can explain."

"In our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart and in our despair, against our will comes wisdom" - Aeschylus

Flour dissapates fairly quickly and can be hard to see, nothing beats smoke. Streamers can be a challenge when they go beyond a few feet as the air flow does weird things with them and they tend to tangle up with each other behind you and or tear. A 100+ foot streamer would self destruct in a matter of seconds depending on what it is made of,which is another thing to take into consideration. You want a streamer that in a worse case scenario you can easily tear with your hands if need be and a way to release it prior to deploying your canopy. Lets not forget that you will have a parachute deploying behind you and potentially into the streamer if you cannot jettison it before deploying which is why a longer one is more of a concern because it will need to be made out of cloth of somekind to survive the flight.

Whatever you decide to do, take what I mentioned into consideration and have a plan on how it will be transported,deployed, used, jettisoned and emergency procedures prior to even trying it in the sky.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Smoke is way better visually than flour but the hassle of it is more of an issue - We are not so much looking toward getting good visuals for anyone on the ground just what will provide additional contrast in the sky.

Planning - its underway at the moment, ---> Thanks for the info
"Don't blame malice for what stupidity can explain."

"In our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart and in our despair, against our will comes wisdom" - Aeschylus