Jiggs

Rodeo rider dumping out?

Hey guys & girls,

We have recently been mucking around with a few rodeo / tracking dives and having tons of fun. One idea had that had come up was to have the rider dump off while still riding the wingsuit flyer. We were thinking that as long as the rider was sitting up and gave a vigorous pitch it would be no worries?
What do we need to be aware of? Any suggestions?

Cheers,
"Don't blame malice for what stupidity can explain."

"In our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart and in our despair, against our will comes wisdom" - Aeschylus

I did this with a buddy of mine a while ago. Some posts are in this thread. We didn't have any problems but some people have reservations about doing this.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

i just watched video of my buddy doing this the other day! it was the birdman, my friend (the rider) and 2 trackers in freefly suits. made for some great video:) anyways, he just dumped at 7k from mid flight and nothing bad happened... just a little hard opening, thats all!

Hey guys & girls,

We have recently been mucking around with a few rodeo / tracking dives and having tons of fun. One idea had that had come up was to have the rider dump off while still riding the wingsuit flyer. We were thinking that as long as the rider was sitting up and gave a vigorous pitch it would be no worries?
What do we need to be aware of? Any suggestions?

No problems experienced by us here. We've been having the riders dump out if they are still on at 5,000 so that they can watch as we kind of float away. We've had comments that it looks like we're not even falling away from them when they dump compared to flatflyers that look like they are going to hit the ground.

Always
still is still moving to me