murrays

Cessna 182 Exit Photos

So, we have been jumping everyday after work here in Saskatoon.....well, we meaning the club, I haven't been able to get out.....and I loaned my Birdsuit (that I haven't jumped yet) to a fellow club member to jump. He is waiting for his GTI to arrive and has done some previous flights at Lost Prairie so I wasn't worried about loaning it to him.

(I also figured I'd let him be the_First_ to jump a wingsuit in Saskatchewan and buy beer.) B|

The attached files are video captures of his climbout and exit. He said it was no problem at all to get out on the step. I think he was rock solid throughout the exit and seeing these is very helpful to me.

I can hardly wait!!!! Tomorrow should be my day if our glorious fall weather holds up. Will let you know how it goes.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I know that there are a variety of ways to exit a Cessna 182. I prefer the dive out exit. That is where you only put your left foot on the landing gear and dive out from the door. I prefer that method for doing solo dives because you a not exposing hardly any of the wings before exit.
By the way his exit looked great especially if it was his first
Kirk

Not that I'm going to be jumping a BM suit for the next 200ish jumps....

I'm interested in what happens before your first pic. How did he get out?

I have a pic in my head, but I don't know how feasible that is...
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

Thanks for posting, Murray.

While I am a few hundred jumps away from being in the position to spread my wings it wasa great treat to see a local Cessna exit.

Since freefly from 9k would be an awfully short ride, and nobody here in Winnipeg is interested in CReW I'm having trouble plotting my future in the sport (given I'm not soo hyper-keen on RW as yet). BASE, while appealing on a certain level, also means a lot of travel - and I'm fond of MORE airtime rather than less. Birdman sounds like a logical progression.

I'll be watcing...and waiting to join your flock. HAHO jumps from Moose Jaw and Saskatoon and I'll meet ya at Davidson? ;):)
"shh-eee--it, didja see the size a dem der geese eh?"

Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

That is a great series to illustrate the "textbook B-M stable Cessna exit". It's a little tricky at first getting a hold on the strut, because your reach is shortened, but you just have to lean out a little farther. Once outside, I've had no trouble getting all the way out to do a hanging exit from the strut.

Be careful when climbing out to not get the small Cessna step (if you have one) stuck into the bottom of your bootie. :o That will surely produce a problematic exit.

Now that I've done some of these, and I'm not concerned with stability, I prefer to just put both feet on the bottom edge of the door, and "bomb out". This takes a whole lot less time. You just roll out the door in a cannonball and start flying when clear of the a/c.

kevin k.
======================
Seasons don't fear the Reaper,
nor do the Wind, the Sun, or the Rain...