petetheladd

A flock of one

Did my first 3 birdman jumps this weekend.B|

A buddy of mine has almost the exact same dimensions as me and an original birdman suit with only about 40 jumps on it so I managed to 'borrow it' for the 1/2 day.
It has so few jumps on it as apparently Bm flying is a lonely sport at my DZ - never see them on loads

Biggest problem I had was when I shut the suit down for opening, I started rocking nose up and down like a ship in swells at sea so when I chucked I got harder openings than normal and a penduluming effect as I swung down and up the other side.

At the end of the day, Another guy came over and said he had a BM suit so maybe I can get a flock of 2 going at the DZ.

Coz, man did everybody do a double take seeing me in a BM suit at the pickup area, I reckon I'd have been less noticed if I had showed up naked

Anyhow I plan to rack up a lot more jumps even as a flock of one

P.S. It was uber cool and boy do you get a long time under wing even though I was pulling at 5000

No, Not without incident

Biggest problem I had was when I shut the suit down for opening, I started rocking nose up and down like a ship in swells at sea so when I chucked I got harder openings than normal and a penduluming effect as I swung down and up the other side.

This is actually more common than you may think with new wingsuit pilots. Arch more and relax..

Welcome to the flock!

Just tried that out today.

Rock solid body position for opening

Sweet thx

This is actually more common than you may think with new wingsuit pilots. Arch more and relax..

Welcome to the flock!

No, Not without incident