greybeard

flat spin; new thread

thanks manbird, base570, skymonkeyone,
for comments.
stepping on the thread is not appreciated.

i'm slightly fasinated with the flat spin now that i've experienced it. my only other concept came from the the tom cruise movie "top gun".

base570 alludes to slow speed and stall attitudes. could you ellaborate for the sake of non-areonotical, un-engenergeering types.

Not entire certain of the science behind it, but when you are flying in the "sweet spot"... where your fall rate is at about as low as you can get it, your flight suddenly becomes VERY sensitive. The slightest assymetry can cause you to go unstable... ranging from wobbling to a full on flat spin.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

if you go to the video server.. ((someone post the link)) there is a video under winsuits called flatt spin. It is one I got it at eloy with a passenger on my back. It happened abotu 5 sec after exit out of an otter. I tried to fight it at first, but thats what was causing the spin... so I relaxed and the spin sorted itself out.... all the while my passenger (crystal sanchez) never fell off... (make your own rodeo pun here)
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...