ManBird

Skyray questions answered

I've seen a lot of questions about the Skyray here and a few of my own. I sent an e-mail off to Skyray and Alban replied. Looks like it's ready to hit the market at a bit over the price of a new, high-performance canopy.

---------------------------------------------------------

> Are you selling the Skyray yet or do you have plans to sell it at all?

I think we are ready for selling it now. We had some other projects that drew our atention away from the SKYRAY (design and aerodynamics of a new sportscar) :-)

> If so, what is the price?

The Price is 2895€.

> Has a manual been written yet?

We have a manual. We are still changing this and that because of negotiations with the german insurance company that is insuring a german skydiver when using one of our wings.

> What equipment modifications and/or additions are necessary, if any?

You need to use a hot dog system because you can´t reach your BOC. This is better anyway because your pilotchute comes up not influenced by the delta-vortices produced by the wings.

> What are the exit logistics (ie, how to take it out of a side door, etc)?

You can exit from an Otter a Caravan and any tailgate-aircraft with broad enough tailgate. When exiting a side door you do a standard floater exit. You can remain in box position and beginn your flight when fully stable by taking your hands to the grips on the SKYRAY. When exiting a tailgate you should exit backwards (facing into the wind) otherwise you will experience some heavy tumbles and rolls (about 3-5) :-))

greetings from munich :-)

ALBAN

---------------------------------------------------------

(Edited for formatting)
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click