leroydb

skyray

does anyone have info on the SKYRAY? I would like to possibly get one...... Never seem to get an answer from their website's email address... guess they dont want to make many sales.....

Le Roy
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I had an email correspondence with Christoph a while back. I believe price was around 3000 euros (2700 springs to mind, but i can't find the email). I think he doesn't check his email very often. I'd give him some time.
Meanwhile, I'll try to dig up the email (I think it may have been a different address than the one on the web site).
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Here's the transcript of an email on the price:

Date: Tue Jul 9, 2002 07:52:15 US/Pacific
To: Tom Aiello
Subject: Re: Skyray
Hello,
> I am looking for information on the Skyray. Can you tell me when/if they will be available for purchase, and what the costs will be?
In germany they are available from now on. I will keep you informed about availability and costs in the US!
The Costs here are 2850euro, Taxes included.
>Also, are you researching other configurations (i.e. bigger wings, different shapes, etc)?
;-) Yes we do. The First SKYRAY actually was bigger than the one we are selling now. But it was "too big" The bigger the Wing gets the more difficult it gets to control it. Deceleration for opening is a problem as well. But we will make bigger SKYRAYs available in the future. in the near future you will be able to buy specially designed flaps to modify flight behavior and performance.
blue skies
ALBAN

Sorry it took me so long to dig it up. When this thread popped back to the top it kind of reminded me.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com