JGarcia

Skyflyer delivery time?

I feel like an 8-yr-old on Christmas Eve...except this Eve's running on almost 4 weeks! I ordered my Skyflyer on the 12th of July...(will be 4 weeks this Friday). One part of the bird-man web site says 4 weeks, others say 6 to 8 weeks. When I was measured by Kim (Bird-Babe 1) Griffin...(by the way, she's a cutie ;)), she did warn me that the manufacturing plant would be closed for a week for some reason. So just curious as to what everyone elses experience has been as far as shipping time on these bad boys. Thanks!
Jairo
Low Profile, snag free helmet mount for your Sony X3000 action cam!

Yeah, Chuck, the waiting time's killing me. I've put about a dozen jumps on a GTi...would be more if this friggin' FL weather would cooperate past noon on the weekends. (I don't sound bitter, do I? :S). Decided to go with the Skyflyer, though, because if I'm going to be shelling out that much $$$, might as well go all out. I've been fairly smooth and comfortable with the GTi since the first jump...although the MEGA line twists on jump #5 were definately interesting. I'm looking foward to chasing some puffy clouds on the Skyflyer. Any clue what others (without Mafia connections) are waiting these days for theirs?
Jairo

I have no idea what people are waiting for orders nowadays.

Question: were you smart enough to get the LQRS? Jumpin a small main, you are more likely to have to deal with the occasional line twist or even a spinner. The SkyFlyer is very unforgiving at pull time as compared to the other two more-stable suits. Until you get the suit wired, you will feel it's a bit squirrely. Also, the leg wing goes all the way down to your heels, so you have a harder time kicking out of a spin with it. The Leg Quick Release System (LQRS) is the recommended first handle to pull in case of line twists and mild spins. Pulling it will give you all the range of motion your legs have, thus giving you more torgue for your "kick out". This extra leverage will more than likely get you squared away before you have to chop wings, or even more severe, cutaway a main. My SkyFlyer has the LQRS and all the other BASE options; not that I BASE jump or anything.

Chuck

I hate to say this but you may have a longer wait than 6 weeks. A guy at my dropzone ordered his on the 10th of June and has not received it yet. When he called they said it would be ready close the end of August. Kim told him that they have been receiving a lot of orders and are backed up. I luckily beat the back log I ordered it on the 3rd of June and received it July 5th.
Blue Skies
Kirk

I, too, went with the BASE options...anything that will potentially increase my lift (deflectors), comfort (knee pads), and safety (LQRS, hook-knife) seem like a smart investment. On the jump that got severe line twists, the canopy wasn't diving for too long, so I assessed my altitude, undid my arm zippers, spread risers, and then <> I began to untwist...then I undid my leg zippers. Luckily the Xaos I fly seems to be pretty stable even with severe line twists. I'm glad you mentioned that the legs should be the first thing to go. I would've gone with arms first...guess that's what this forum's for.B|
I figured there might be a back log on production...since everyone's getting in on the buddy deal. Sucks for me, I guess. [unsure]..Bird-Man wouldn't happen to offer an "Express" option, would they? Oh, well, just hope it doesn't turn into 10 weeks or something.
Jairo

did warn me that the manufacturing plant would be closed for a week for some reason

Robert Pecnik is in the Lauterbrunnen valley, Switzerland, at the moment. I don't know if he's the only one running off the suits but it may have something to do with it.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live