sammer

Pro-Dytter question

Should a Pro-Dytter be making noise after your canopy is open?

I just got one and put 4 jumps on it last weekend. On all but the first jump, the Dytter went off just after I got the slider stowed (2nd alarm). I wasn't turning fast or anything and my canopy is only loaded at ~1.3. Is this common?

Thanks,
Sam

what are your altiudes set at i know on my pro-track if i dump low where my warning is set at 2k then as my main comes open then the last alrm will start to sound and finish it's cycle. i think if you would post what your setting are and what you dump at would help if your second alarm is set at say 3500 and you throw out at just before it goes off then i would say it is normal. i geauss post what your alrms are set at and i will try to pay more atttetion to mine. but i usally open when my second alarm is going off not before.

I have the alarms set at follows: 1st @ 3500ft, 2nd @ 2500ft, and 3rd @ 1500ft.

I try to pull right at 3500ft. The first alarm was just sounding as my canopy was throwing out the pilot chute (it turned off as soon as main was open). Once open I usually have to untangle the slider and toggles. I noticed the second alarm sounding around the time I was releasing the brakes, or shortly thereafter.

It really isn't that big of a deal to me as long as it works in freefall (it seems to). But my coach tells me that there is something wrong and I should send the thing back.

it says in the manual that the first and second warnings will sound if you are going faster than 13m/sec vertically, and the last warning if you are going more than29m/sec vertically

so the first and second at least will sound under an open canopy....have to be under a small canopy doing a steep dive to get the third one to sound though!!

Now thats finally the explanation why i get to hear my thrid one once in a while...:)Note to self: RTFM!;)
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...