cpoxon

Anyone else see this thread?

Craig,
my question would be: "who in the hell was this dude's instructor?" By "novice", does that mean that this was the person's first wingsuit flight? If so, did he recieve any proper instruction or did he just borrow somebody's suit and just try and figure it out for himself? Unbelievable....
Completely besides the point, but this incident shows just how durable these things are put together.
Chuck
My webpage HERE

this incident shows just how durable these things are put together

Still wouldn't like to be hanging from one though. I'd be buying the guy who made it a beer or two after that. At least good came out of this incident - it should make people check their gear more closely
Danger could be my middle name. But it's Paul. :P

Upon closer inspection I have found out that the original poster is from Deland! I seriously doubt the person he was referring to was making an initial flight without supervision, as this is where BirdMan is headquartered and Jari, Kim, Vladi and a bunch of others regularly instruct and flock.
I am not sure about you guys, but I have a very deliberate method of getting into and out of my suit. My legstrap tightening is especially critical as I jump a 75 square foot eliptical which is prone to harness steer. I spend quite a bit of time making sure they are equally tightened. Likewise, when I JMPI someone else, I make sure their suit is unzipped down the front to check their legstraps before having them zip up an so I can inspect the wing cutaways and cable routing in a systematic manner.
Man, one thing is for certain: that dude will NEVER make that mistake again!
Chuck
My webpage HERE