TerminalSteve

ThunderBow CRW!

Hello all,

I don't usually bother posting on forums, I have membership here because there is alot of good information floating around in the posts. But this I can't keep to myself ;)

Today I did a jump, that was an idea I had, whilst drunk in a pub in Northern Ireland (on hol at Wild Geese), when we were discussing George McGuinness' old T-Bow. After seeing a video of someone docking on an old PC I wanted to do something equally as silly. So was born the T-Bow CRW jump. Now I don't know if anyone has taken a dock on a T-Bow before. I certainly can't find any references, never mind pictures. So, is this possibly a first? But here is the fruit of our labour. For the record, the docking canopy is a 175 Tri Hybrid.

I was on the T-Bow, George was on the Tri. As the photos show it was a 'positive' dock, but after some playing with the Tri's brakes, some pushing away of cells (from my face) and after putting the Tbow in 'max flight mode' the formation flew nicely!

Pictures were taken from the ground with a 300mm lense and there was no video. This time...

Steve

Cheers Wendy!

We quite enjoyed making them. B|

We are going to do it again, but probably use a big slow 280 static-line student kit (no PC or bridle to worry about). We want to make the dock something a little less like a controlled wrap and a little more like a sensible dock! Not that we didn't enjoy doing it at ramming speed but if we keet on doing it that way it's only a matter of time before the T-Bow swings and the dock is off centre. With those kinds of closing speeds the results would be quite exciting to say the least. :S