sabre1700

Pictures from the WFFC

Took a while, but here are some pictures from the World Freefall Convention.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8IatGrNs4cPfg

Thanks to everyone who made it a fun event and thanks everyone for all the good CRW.

Mark, Jeremy and Bill Grace all made their first CRW jumps.

Bill Grace, Sara Kolb and Tim Brown all got their four stacks on multiple point 4-way dives. Congratulation to you all.

Nels Forsman finally did some CRW jumps at Rantoul, after I don't know how many years of saying "I should try it." Nels commented that the Lightning was much sportier than his Prodigy. And, now Dave Holmvik has someone to do CRW with up in North Dakota

Frank Bender dusted off his CRW rig got the reserve in date (?) and made his first CRW jump
since what? 2003. Welcome back Frank! Sorry your first jump had to end in a wrap, but hey it was fitting since it was the "sunset" load. Glad you didn't lose one of your 25 year old Nikes - is it just me or is there some thing wrong, I mean really wrong with anyone, let alone a crwdog, wearing 25 year old sneakers?

T joined the festivities later in the week, with all his enthusiasm and energy, when he wasn't busy making hilarious raft dive videos.

Thank you Jay Kedley for make a ton of jumps and for helping out with the new folks, rigging and congratulations on becoming a CRWdog. Sorry, it had to be on my crappy rotation dock.

Thank you T and Jay for helping to get the newbies on four stacks and turning out some really nice dives. Thank you T for all your enthusiasm and for locking up the wedges fast every time. The downplanes into the main landing area were priceless.

Thank you Dean and Jason for video. Not as easy as it looks is it?

As always Rantoul was a fun mix of new planes, fun jumps and some great crw. I always come away feeling like I've learned more from the new folks than they've learned from me. And I definitely am a better flyer for the experience.

Thank you everyone!

Blue skies,
Jim Rasmussen

My bad, I neglected to give credit to the photographers.

April shot most of the nice ground pictures and some great CRW wrap shots
Sara got the nice shots of the downplanes and golf cart madness.
I took all the fuzzy out focus shots of her.
Norm Kent new better than to give me any of his pictures, but he took some nice ones as well.

Blue skies,
Jim Rasmussen

Thank you T and Jay for helping to get the newbies on four stacks and turning out some really nice dives.

If there were any "newbies" there you sure couldn't tell from the way they flew. Razz is a great CRW Coach, we had a lot of fun!
We'll do it all again next year.
T