krkeenan

CRW CRW CRW

Shit-howdy did we ever have a fun day of CRW at Sebastian on Saturday. :)
We even planned a photo of the Space Shuttle climbing in the background past our formation at 1000 mph. Jimbo Bolton, our NASA inside CRWDog, who had to work that day being the host of a bunch of congressmen and other weasels, was phoning in reports from the Launch Control Center, so we could get the timing right. (He had to fit these reports in between telling the VIPs humerous stories of shuttle toilet accidents and other inside anecdotes. :P) But, as we were on jumprun, we got the word that the launch was axed due to bad weather. It seems that the usual DZ line, "Cloud ? What cloud ?", doesn't cut it with NASA. No matter, we still had another cool jump.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that in one corner of the universe, for one Saturday, there was some bad-ass CRW being demonstrated to the flabbergasted eyes of freefallers. (Ernie also treated their flabbergasted noses to something they'll not soon forget. I think he may have more to do with global warming than originally suspected. Al Gore is investigating.)

Do CRW,
Yahoo
'nuff said
I'm going to bed.

Kevin K.
======================
Seasons don't fear the Reaper,
nor do the Wind, the Sun, or the Rain...

At least someone got to make a jump. I got to radio some IAD students and decided to bounce the first one off the top of an SUV. SUV- $1000 damage, first time jumper- still stood up his landing.

YA ALL think you could bring some of that fine southern CRW here to WA. I haven't gotten a CRW jump in since the Z-Hills camp in March.

CSA #699 Muff #3804

So, who gets the bill for something like that ? The student, or the guy with the radio ? [:/]

Talking students in is fun - kind of like flying radio-controlled planes. Maybe with that SUV it was more like a Predator Attack Drone. :P

Kevin

Kevin-

Talking students in is fun - kind of like flying radio-controlled planes. Maybe with that SUV it was more like a Predator Attack Drone.

The SUV belonged to a gentleman who was manning a mobil fire base that the county sets up at the airport each summer. The owner wasn't too pissed about it at all. He was standing only 20 feet from the vehicle when it happened.

I spoke to the DZO after the incident about the liability and he said the DZ will probably pay for the damage. He was standing next to me when it happened so he saw everything and head everything I said to the student. The student thought he may have to pay and was relieved to know he wasn't responsible for damages.

CSA #699 Muff #3804

Careful Scott,

Damaging an SUV could be considered EcoTerrorism by some elements of our government. That, and the fact that you conspired with another to commit the crime AND used an airplane in the commission of the crime could get you a one way ticket to Guantanamo Bay. :-)

Blue skies,
Jim

Hey... thinking about it... I think id really like to do some more crw.... If you want to help put me in touch with the fl forces that may be, Id love to grab some nylon....

I did hear they needed some FAT bases with big nylon for these big ways right.....