itsbs2

arching

I have just started skydiving, and am having trouble with my Arch. I have a few minutes in the windtunnel, and am having trouble staying stable. When going back to look over my tunnel videos, I noticed that I really do not bend my legs. Looking at people who have been skydiving for a long time, their knees are bent at about a 90 degree angle. The problem is that anytime I try to bend my knees more I start moving forward. I am starting to get a little discouraged since i cant figure it out, and am looking for a little advice/ seeing if anyone had the same problem starting out and what you did to fix it. Thanks!

I have just started skydiving, and am having trouble with my Arch. I have a few minutes in the windtunnel, and am having trouble staying stable. When going back to look over my tunnel videos, I noticed that I really do not bend my legs. Looking at people who have been skydiving for a long time, their knees are bent at about a 90 degree angle. The problem is that anytime I try to bend my knees more I start moving forward. I am starting to get a little discouraged since i cant figure it out, and am looking for a little advice/ seeing if anyone had the same problem starting out and what you did to fix it. Thanks!

If you're bending your legs in (feet moving towards your ass more) and you're going forward, you're doing something else. Bending your knees (bringing feet to ass) will put less resistance on your bottom half and you backslide, not forward.

BTW, easiest way to arch, RELAX, deep breath and let your hips sink. I see too many people flying like 2x4's with serious looks on their face. I was there once, so I know what it feels like to concentrate so hard and get stressed out. RELAX and it'll be easier!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Best person to give you advice would be a qualified coach with you in the tunnel. A coach will help you put your body in the shape it needs to be. If you try and struggle through on your own the chance is that your muscles will memorise the wrong position, and it's a lot more difficult to correct that than to get it right early on.
Anne

I put this post on another thread but I think you may concerned.

Another trick which can work is for you in free fall to bend or flex your toes in your shoes. That will give you a spatial "view" of where your legs actually are and therefore making able to do corrections. You can use the same trick for your arms as well by flexing the fingers.

Before going out of the airplane, repeat in your mind or verbally to do such toes flexions.

Good luck and tell us if it works better for you.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.