LilZilla

1st CRW jump

Hell yeah. Just did my first CRW jump last Sat. and what a trip that was. A friend and I attempted a Mr. Bill but when he pulled and his 136 Jedi came out, the canopy went into a high speed spin. Needless to say I didn't hold on for long. I guess that a 3 to 1 wingloading is alittle too much. Once I flung off, I pulled and waited for Jason to come down to me. He came in just alittle low the first time causing me to sit on his canopy. Now for someone who has never done this before, that was some scary shit!!! After a minute or two I finally got my legs behind his lines. That was so much fun. It was too cool how when ever I turned the other canopy was right there. I definitely plan on exploring this side of skydiving alittle more.

Congrats?

I'm glad you like CRW. It is a new found love of mine as well. I pretty much started the same way you did. I asked someone that new a little about CRW and he docked on me and I piloted a two stack. After that I attended a beginners class held by CRW dogs.

If I may make a suggestion, Please get with someone in the discipline and learn CRW the safe way, with the right equipment and knowledge of emergency procedures and procedures for doing CRW to prevent emergencies.

I'm not trying to give you grief. After all without proper knowledge, you didn't know any better. just looking out. No one needs microline scars, or missing fingers from the lines cutting in a violent wrap from a high performance canopy.

Knowledge, and the right equipment means safer, and safer means more fun.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker