darkvapor

Lightning Trim

Are the line trim differentials only dependent on trim, or are they a function of line length as well?

I have acquired another Lightning without factory documentation. The person I bought the canopy from did not know the trim.

If there is a set value for the line trim differentials for rotation and 1 for sequential, can someone please post the differentials for the rotation trim?

The A lines are 8.5', which seems awfully short for a sequential configuration on a 160. I put 1 test jump on the canopy. My only other reference was another canopy of unknown trim.

Basically I want to know what the values are so I can sit down and measure the lineset and figure out this canopy's configuration before I start deciding what I will do with it.

I believe you can order Lightinings with just about an y linelength, but there is a list somewhere in this forum or maybe also on the PD site of which linelengths are preferred for which size Lightning, so that canopies can be kept standard for record jumps etc. Of course a competition team can still order whatever they want.

Also, if you jump it, and have a reference, a rotation lightning is much easier to land then a sequential one, in my opinion.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Are the line trim differentials only dependent on trim, or are they a function of line length as well?

I'm pretty sure that line length is the only variable there; So the differentials between A-B, A-C, A-D should be the same for a 160 Sequential 8.5 ft., 160 Sequential 9 ft., 160 Sequential 9.5 ft., etc.

I would go to the source for a Rotation line trim chart: call PD and ask for Robin. She's very helpful & if she doesn't have the info on hand I'm sure she'll connect you to the right person.

If there is a set value for the line trim differentials for rotation and 1 for sequential, can someone please post the differentials for the rotation trim?

There is one available online for Sequential, along with instructions for how to measure correctly at:
http://www.cfworldrecord.com/canopyinfo.htm
I do not know of one currently available for Rotation. If you acquire one of these, please scan it or type it up and post it so I can grab a copy =]

Chris W

I'm pretty sure thats the Rotational trim. I had a Lightning like that and it was pointed down so much we were adding 3 links on the front to let me even stack with sequentially trimmed canopies.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

The *.jpg worked fine,

--- Off topic ---
but that's like giftwrapping a postcard in a wooden box. cvs Stands for comma separated value and should be platform independent except that microsoft uses a Carriage Return + Line Feed in stead of a simple New Line, so `mac' would be the best choice. Plain text would be ideal to communicate in most cases unfortunately microsoft likes to make up their own little secret languages every year to tempt you to buy or even steel their newest software.
--- End of off topic ---

Remko

--
Everything you know is wrong. But some of it is a useful first approximation.