bodypilot90

in air radios

The Swiss Sequential team used them at one time (c.1995). I remember it having mixed reviews, too many people talking at once or getting confused on them.

There's also people like me who hum a song the whole time - that tends to piss off the rest of the team.:ph34r:

But you have to understand, mental illness is like cholesterol. There is the good kind and the bad. Without the good kind- less flavor to life. - Serge A. Storms

I used them (radio shack) when training a pup (now a US Record and soon to be World Record holder) about a decade ago. Marginal utility in the air but we had a lot of fun with them driving to and from the DZ when we shared a couple hundred miles of Turnpike. B|

Bill had his permanently affixed to his Protec and looked like he was driving to 'special' school:S

Michael

anyone used "in air" radios while doing crw?

We, the Dutch CF team, are using radios (Maxon 49SX & FX like the Swiss team used to have) for about 7 years now and we're pretty satisfied with them. You've to get used to them regarding who can speak. Only one can speak at a time. They're voice activated and we've build them into Z1 fullface helmets (without visor).

We primarily use for for giving the keys not only in rotation (instead of a whistle) but also for sequential.

The range is limited (150 ft effective) but if the separation is more than that it's bad anyway. They're also great for jumping with students.