Shark

CReW Camp at Skydive Elsinore Nov. 9/10

CRW CAMP – An introduction to Canopy Relative Work

Skydive Elsinore will hold a CRW Camp on November 9th and 10th. The camp will focus on novice and beginners or those with previous interest in CRW the opportunity to experience canopy relative work with an instructor or coach. Our goal is to educate and promote safe and fun canopy formations. We will be using Lightning demo canopies from Performance Designs. At the end of each day we will organize skydives for everyone to earn their 4 Stack and/or Canopy Crest Recipient (CCR/8 Stack) Awards. Not to be left out, crew jumps for the experienced will be organized. There will be a $20 registration fee, which will go towards the shipping and use of the canopies.

If you have ever wanted to do CReW, now is the time to learn!

TIME: We will begin each day at 8:00 am both days.

NOTE: Crew Dogs, please bring any extra Lightnings that can be loaned to a beginner.

For further information please contact Mark Guinto at: [email protected]

Well, what can we say about weather..... Saturday was rained out, but that didn't stop the motivated to show up Sunday, even with a 30% chance of rain. Uppers were 45-55 mph from the NW, so it was challenging for the 12 jumpers. We put 5 loads up and created 4 CReWpups. Only 1 cutaway, a newbie on his second jump. It was non-eventful, except for the 50mph uppers and the fact that he cutaway around 12 grand. The dz got a call from a motorcyclist that reported seeing some skydivers land at a particular intersection. Yep, they were over 4 miles away by car. I managed to find one of the pair, while the other was in a neighborhood trying to find the canopy. Well, after going door-to-door for 40 minutes, we drove around for a bit, then saw some kids in front of their house. Just so happend that the garage door was open and the canopy visible! We offered many thanks, and promised gratuities, etc. Got back just in time to see a 3 stack and 2 stack coming into the landing pattern. Turns out that two lines had broken. The canopy was borrowed and had probably seen better days, but was loaded around 1.47. Anyway, everybody had a lot of fun, and the newbies got a taste of crew!

Man,

And he found the canopy at 4 miles out. Kudo's to that guy!!!

I hope the owner is greatful that he found it...

Yeah, I bought beer for you, too.:D Since it was my first event that I organized, I had to buy. I think I drank most of it.B|

If they are too sky to reach for beer ...their loss.

Man,

And he found the canopy at 4 miles out. Kudo's to that guy!!!

I hope the owner is greatful that he found it...

Yeah, I bought beer for you, too.:D Since it was my first event that I organized, I had to buy. I think I drank most of it.B|