PhreeZone

Building Diamonds

We are looking at building a diamond soon with sime Lightings at the DZ, but I'm not sure the positions each person should fly. The wingloadings are going to be on the under 1.0 side for most the jumpers except one jumper will be at about 1.2. I understand that they should be top, but should the line length affect who flies right, left and bottom?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

We are looking at building a diamond soon with sime Lightings at the DZ, but I'm not sure the positions each person should fly. The wingloadings are going to be on the under 1.0 side for most the jumpers except one jumper will be at about 1.2. I understand that they should be top, but should the line length affect who flies right, left and bottom?

Actually I'd probably put the higher wing-loaded guy 4th. He might be sinkier than the 2 wing's which will make it more difficult for them to fly if he is piloting. Assuming everyone has equivalent experience, put 2 similar sized canopies as the wings. Preferably one of the bigger canopies up top. It can be done, but its a lot more difficult to have 2 160's fly wings under a 126. Its better to put a 160 on top.

W

We are looking to use a 176 a 193 a Tri 210 and either a Tri 160 or a Crusielite 225... :S

At an equivalent wing-loading a Triathalon will out-sink a Lightning. They're trimmed more nose-down. So you could put a Lightning on top, 2 Tri's on the wings and a Lightning on the bottom. I've flown a wing on my Lightnings underneath a PD 190, so you might be able to put a Cruiselight on top but that would probably be too slow. You could put the lighter loaded Lightning on top, the heavier Lightning on one wing and the lightest Tri on the other, and the last Tri on the bottom.