Emmie

TonFly Uno?

Hey guys,

Anyone have one? I'm thinking of getting one, and wanted to see what people's experiences were. I'll be primarily using it as a tunnel suit, so durability is pretty important. How do you like flying in it? I'm a fan of tight suits, so all the spandex is great for me. (Does anyone know whether they have any other colors other than red or black spandex?) Not a fan of the firecrotch look:D What were your experiences with ordering it from Slovakia? I think that's my biggest fear...what's their customer service like? Also, what did you pay for yours? The prices are listed in euros, and I assume there's a pretty hefty tax and shipping fees. Any comments at all are welcome.
THANKS!!!

I should be getting mine within the next three weeks, so I don't have any actual experience with the final product. I know one other Paraclete member has been flying the Uno already, and I've heard it seems to be holding up pretty well.

One piece of advice I can offer, is to contact them through email, because Giovanni is awesome at customer support. Over the course of two weeks, he answered all my questions as I slowly figured out how I wanted to design my suit. He sent me all the premade logos they have available for embroidery and a PDF of thread colors you can select from. And since I placed my order through email, I had way more flexibility than the online order form allowed.

I actually took a screenshot of their suit coloring flash app, and superimposed which logos and the thread coloring on the suit to give him a solid blueprint for how I wanted the suit. I left the exact sizing and placement in his judgement though.

I couldn't pick a spandex other than black or red, though, even though the image on the site has a suit with gold spandex. I found some pictures on their facebook page, "Tonfly Corner", that really showed some nice color schemes that can be done regardless. Their flash coloring program doesn't really represent the actual fabric colors very well, so I used the pictures to better gauge the colors. I've attached the ones I thought were really nice.

For payment, I used paypal as the bank transfer was actually going to be more expensive for me, because of my bank's additional fees. Using Paypal added an extra 4.5% to the total cost. We don't have to pay VAT, but shipping was 26 euros.

Without any custom embroidery, the cheapest the total cost will be is around $580. The custom logos really add personality to the suit, so I added 4 of them. What's nice is he doesn't charge for some of the Tonfly logos. You'd need to get some clarification on that from him, though.

I'll let you now how my suit does after I fly it. Right now, I have a really positive impression of the Tonfly company. The only downside would be having to send back the suit from US to Slovakia for any size adjustment.

These jump suits are fantastic. I've got about 300 jumps on mine and it's perfectly molded to my body. It's amazing and super powerful...though your quirky little bad habits you may have developed will quickly become apparent ;)
The construction of them is unbelievable as well as customer service. I can't say enough good things about them. I can't wait to take mine to nationals =)