skycurlycat

Which camera suit you prefer/Bev or Tony?

I personally prefer the Merlin camera suit. Christine has over 2000 Camera jumps so she knows what a camera suit should do. This of course is my OPINION I love my suit, some might choose other's. But I just wanted to give you my opinion. Also it depends on what kind of suit you want, there is a few difft kinds of camera suit, sit suit, flip flop, competition, ect. But I just did my 800th jump on my Competition 4 way Merlin suit and all I have had to fix was new velcro on my wing attatchments. If I buy a new one its because I want new colors. Have fun with your new suit, whichever you choose, try looking at all the companies web sites that may help you decide.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Cat,
I have 3 tony camera suits, all of which I am happy with (2 a-wings(one short legs, one long legs) and a c-wing). I have seen some that tony has made that didn't fit worth a damn, but that was most likely the measurer's fault. Firefly has a really nice looking camera suit. I ordered one a couple weeks ago, if you remind me I can let you know what I think of it when it arrives.

On another note, I have always noticed that Bev has made some great fitting RW suits for females, so I bet the same would apply for her camera suits.
Miami

I'm looking into doing tandem and RW videos...I want booties on my suit. One thing about Tony's stuff is that there are lot to choose from and ack, don't want to choose the wrong one. Geez, 6 different types on the booties too...with no details or pictures of what they look like. 4 different wing styles but where does it say (small,medium and large) on the order form...humm. Maybe I didn't catch it on the form. I have a space suit from Tony and I love it. I haven't ordered from Bev but thought about it since I like their color patterns better, know they're known for making female suits, and lil cheaper...ahh...so many decisions to make!!!! :S I did my research on all suits(flite,firefly,merlin,etc..) so just narrowed it down to Bev and Tony.
PMS #113
PMTS #19

I'm looking into doing tandem and RW videos...I want booties on my suit. One thing about Tony's stuff is that there are lot to choose from and ack, don't want to choose the wrong one. Geez, 6 different types on the booties too...with no details or pictures of what they look like. 4 different wing styles but where does it say (small,medium and large) on the order form...humm. Maybe I didn't catch it on the form. I have a space suit from Tony and I love it. I haven't ordered from Bev but thought about it since I like their color patterns better, know they're known for making female suits, and lil cheaper...ahh...so many decisions to make!!!! :S I did my research on all suits(flite,firefly,merlin,etc..) so just narrowed it down to Bev and Tony.

why would a camera suit need booties?

Hey Cat,
Booties are pretty good on a camera suit if your going to stay on your belly, but later on in your vidiot career you may find you want to start flying at different attitudes for certain things. Sit flying while filming a tandem gives an amazing angle, but it's a pain to do with booties on (at least as far as I have been able to tell). Just a cuff style leg closure has a big advantage in that aspect.
But it is still early, if you do become serious about video this will be one of many camera suits you will go through. I bet if you call Tony he will be able to give you input as to what kind of bootie you will want, what type of wing will be best for what you want to film, etc.. Also use the vidiots at your dz, see what they are using and what they like.
As far as which one you do decide to go with, I bet you will be happy with whichever you pick. Both are good manufacturers and will fix things if there are parts you don't like on the suit.
Miami

I've got over 1,000 jumps on my Body Sport. I had two landings this last year so I put on knee pads and a but pad. The zipper finally gave out as well. So I'm look'n at another 1,000 jumps on it... oh, by the way... Why would anyone want booties on a camera suit?

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana" -Groucho Marx- "Tom flies like a rock" -Tom Carson-