skyentology

Allabouty the atmonauti...

What’s the big deal with Atmonauti????

Everybody is going off about this particular type of skydiving. It seems that anyone that disagrees with the atmo doctrine is committing some sort of blasphamonauti.

What is it with these guys and why are they so devout in the silly belief that Atmo is no longer skydiving but real flying?

Where’s the evidence, hard data, collected without bias?

And why is questioning its origins / dynamics, tantamount to pissing on some sort of Holy Scripture?

Surely it’s just another subsection of Freeflying, the original concept of total body flight, that already covers the mysterious and supernatural manifestation of, dare I say it out loud without the required reverence, Atmonauti?

Your thoughts please, for and against this particular phenomenon.

I aint got time to bleed!

The big deal from where I am standing is the people that keep saying "it is only tracking" or "we were doing that years ago".

I have done 'atmo' jumps and I have also done tracking jumps. they are both fun and they are also similar, but they are not the same.

Tracking cannot be done feet first 'atmo' can. and it looks awesome!

If you sink out on a tracking jump it is difficult to get back to the formation, in atmo it is not, you 'track' to gain height, then slip easily back to the formation.

In atmo, formations very similar to freefly formations can be performed. head up, head down and it is typically/ideally performed at head level with all other participants.
Tracking jumps are not usually performed like this.

They are about the same as freestyle v's freefly.

Similar but not the same.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Yes, thanks for linking the established thread. We definitely don't need a new one to debate this.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon