beatcreation

Motorcycle Pants for Free Fly??

Hey all

I was recently looking at free fly pants and suits to buy and then I remembered that I have a pair of mesh summer motorcycle pants that fit much like a free fly pant would so screw spending another $150 (thats like 6 jumps f that). Has any one tried this. Its just a tad bit more bulky than free fly pants (not much) but is well ventilated because of the mesh. My main question would be has anyone else tried this? If so what did it do to your fall rate? My background in aerodynamics makes me think that the mesh will cause a turbulent boundary layer (like a golf ball) which could cause either a reduced or increased drag coefficient. I'm obviously going to try it asap regardless but any input would be greatly appreciated!:)

Looks like I might be the first to try this or at least the first to admit to it. Ill let yall know how it goes. B|

I have seen a few try these at my DZ with no probs. I did few jumps early on in my jumping days with vented ski pants. Not going to harm your free fall skills at all but not being designed for the sport will not benefit you. most guys I see using them are drouge throwers so It might be a different perspective. I fly much better with my new FF suit but it is not the most important thing to purchase right now. Spend the cash on jumjps and then worry about the clothes.

Looks like I might be the first to try this or at least the first to admit to it. Ill let yall know how it goes. B|

Nah...Not even close to the first. MX pants are great. For feet to earth You may want to add a good length of fabric to the bottom plus Velcro or a snap to close off the pant legs. Or just let them ride up. Works fine.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto