wngarner

2-way VRW to be included in this years CaSL Meet Schedule

Hi All -

While the details for dive pools and divisions/classes aren't complete, I just wanted to get it out there that 2-way VRW is going to be added as an event in this years Carolina Skydiving League (CaSL) meet schedule.

I don't know if these competitions will be on Saturday or Sundays but the meets are rotated between Carolina Sky Sports (Louisburg, NC - Raleigh Area), Raeford Parachute Center (Raeford, NC - home of "THE" tunnel) and Skydive Carolina (Chester, SC).

I'll keep this updated when Dan lets me know more about the actual pools, etc, but for now, here is the schedule of the meets (which now include 4-way and 8-way rw as well as a swooping competition at 3 of the meets)

Blue ones!
Whit

CaSL Schedule
-----------------------------------
April 26/27 (Carolina Sky Sports) 4way on Sat, 8way on Sun

May 30/Jun 1 (Skydive Carolina) 4way & Swooping on Sat, 8way Sun

June 21/22 (Raeford) 4way Money Meet, 4way & Swooping on Sat

July (Rain date or possible Paraclete Tunnel Meet)

Aug 23/24 (Raeford) 4way & Swooping on Sat, 8way on Sun

Sept 20/21 (Carolina Sky Sports) 4way Sat, 10 round optional
- ever the spazz

Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart, give yourself to it...

There are a group of about 8+ or so of us at CSS that are interested in competing as well (just for fun).

According to Dan Winkelstein (CaSL Director) each team will need to provide their own camera flyer since there isn't really a pool of VRW camera fliers out there...but we were thinking that we could put together several teams and play double duty on camera for each other.

About half of us would only be able to compete in a head-up division, but the head-down and really advanced head-up fliers can sort of scramble some teams together for the more advanced and open classes (some mixed HU/HD and 2-way HD stuff).

We're having our FF skills camp this saturday and will probably talk about it some more so I'll keep you updated!
- ever the spazz

Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart, give yourself to it...

Oh, and as an afterthought (actually this was supposed to be in my original post but better late than never)...

I have a bunch of 2-way dive pools that we will be digging through to build the CaSL league pool so if anyone wants any of those PM me and I'll email them to you - most of the file sizes were too large to post here, but here are some examples...
- ever the spazz