jasonRose

HD help

I know this gets posted alot but I really do need help...:$:$:$

Since this will come up....
I am ok on my feet. Meaning I can get where I am suppose to be take docks, present docks control fall rate etc. and I am very comfortable flying in that position. That said I always have room for improvement.

My head down...
I have done a bunch of HD jumps and even hired a coach for a day but I just can't get it. I can hold HD if I am in a group (Because they are usualy holding me in that position) However when I fly on my own I zoom across the sky and end up transitioning to my sit to resume stability. If possible can you give advice on the following.

1) What kind of drills will help me stick my HD?

2) How long did it take everyone else to perfect there HD?

3) Solo exit recomendations.

HD is kickin my ass and I want so bad to just stick it so I can start working on control!!

B|B|B|
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

I started doing a shitload of solos where I would exit back to prop and just lay back my head into the hill

then I just repeated and repeated and repeated

I also spent 2 weeks and 70 jumps at Eloy working on it

Cheers

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

HD is kickin my ass and I want so bad to just stick it so I can start working on control!!

B|B|B|

Me too, but I have just kept doing it as much as I can and its getting better. Practice practice practice.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I started doing a shitload of solos where I would exit back to prop and just lay back my head into the hill

then I just repeated and repeated and repeated

I also spent 2 weeks and 70 jumps at Eloy working on it

Cheers

Dave

hate to say it but solo head down is a very bad idea....UNLESS you absolutely know you are facing 90 degrees off the line of flight (or you are already proficient in flying head down). It's very common to 'think' you are head down, but in reality, your just tracking like a mother fucker and putting others in danger. Ease into it, practice sit to head and then right back to sit. You're gonna need this skill anyway.
my pics & stuff!

HD help/ The story of my life. or at least the last year and a half.

Relaxing cant be stressed enough. I think this should be a major focus of every jump.

I did about 10 coached jumps trying to learn HD with no results. I just wasn't in the right mind set. Thinking about body position too much rather then just feeling the air and being aware of where i am in the sky.

1. I agree that HD solos have the potential of being very dangerous, but it was the only way for me to learn. I must of done 75 jumps trying to transision into HD and just over rotating. It wasn't until I started to do exits over my back di i "feel it" The safest way I found to do this was to exit last, give the previous group lots of room(maybe 15 seconds) Then pull a bit high if necessary to make it home.

For the longest time the only way I could get into Hd was this exit, and crazy as it seems, from my belly. After i was able to hold it for a whole jump the transisions just came. It was after this that coaching started to pay off more.

2. I took me close to 100 jumps just to hold it for a whole jump. Probably take 1000 to learn to control it.

3. On solos try really hard to feel where the air is hitting your body and with how much force. Try to transfer the wind as smoothly as possible from your front to your back. Pay attension to what this does to the horizon. Also try doing solos with an empty water botle in both hands. This will help you learn to fly it with your legs

RELAX! RELAX! RELAX! RELAX! RELAX! RELAX!

I got alot of good advice when i asked for it on here. Look back in this forum a bit.
www.okanaganskydive.com