gofastfrance

Sitfly-what do you think?

What do you think of my body-position? Any ideas for improving it?

Thanks! :D

seems not so bad, now : jump jump jump ... that's the secret and don't forget to add a coach as often as you can !

blue skies !
--------------------------------------------------
I never used 2 rocks to start a fire ... this is called evolution !

That is a pretty good sit. B|
You are doing just fine on your sit, now make sure that you also start doing some backtracking dives so that when you need to track you can simply backtrack.

You can also practice touching your head with one hand, with both, flips, carwheels, etc, etc.

there is a lot you can still learn in that position.

good luck

You have a very good position for any sit, let alone only 55 jumps. From watching the video, it seemed like the videographer had some difficulty staying with your, what seems like a slower fallrate. If he was a coach, it is up to him to stay with you, and not make you chase him. But if it was just a buddy filming you, might have to adjust your fallrate some. Your position is very stable, as in all your drag surfaces are hitting the relative wind head on. This will provide the slowest speed for that position (a true sit) What you might have to start working on, is your fallrate now. You can increase your rate by spilling some of the air off your legs by pressing your heels down and squeezing your buttcheeks. You are basically trying to straighten your legs somewhat, making them a higher degree of angle over the conventional 90 degree that most are taught as beginners. You have to remember to keep your legs spread well apart when increasing your fall rate, as this will allow you increased upper mobility for hand use (docks). I know this in not in the near future, but it is a good plan to start now,with what you will need later on.

Good Job.

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

I'm at about the same level as you are now. I've had a serious shoulder injury that cost me 3 years of no headup jumps. Now I'm learning to fly with my elbows bent a bit and my hands in front of me. (I can see my hands without moving my head, arms below shoulderlevel) My coach says it's a tunneltechnic and it allows you to use your hands more for taking grips and docks. It's also much easier on my shoulders because it stays in it's socket more.
When doing this you've got to bent the upperpart of your back to compensate.