livenletfly

europes ff rating sytem

im curious as to what the different classifications are and if you cats feel this rating system is a good thing. i like saftey but dont like overgoverning. i wonder if countries with ff ratings have less freefall incidents than we do in the states.
one thing i do like about your method is it probably keeps zoodives to e lesser degree. i get frustrated when fflyers get on dives way out of the ability and i spend the whole jump watching these people zoom around rather than having a good jump. thats the reason i dont always care for load organizing. no one likes to disclude jumpers from being part of jumps but this shit is expensive, and its no fun being on a dive that never stood a chance of working because everyone was allowed to play.
>

For the UK, go to:

http://www.bpa.org.uk/forms.htm

Scroll down and click on F188 (Guidelines for FF1 & FF2) FF1 relates to head-up; FF2 related to HD.

Essentially, you are unable to do any head-up flying with anyone else (apart from a recognised coach, i.e. someone the CCI recognises as being capable) until you have FF1. Same is true for HD and FF2, although in reality, this can get abused.

In Germany, there are no formal requirements; no rules in place to stop you freeflying straight after qualifying.

Richard
--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13