HydroGuy

I killed a hybrid yesterday

Joined in on my first hybrid...a six way. I was to be a hanger. The exit went well, but our star became unlinked. As we linked back up, I had the great idea to "add" a little forward movement of my own to speed things along. Was alright till I applied the brakes in the form of a little backward movement...and went to my belly.

Was able to get back on level with a stand and went for plan B...a leg strap hold to a stand again. But I got excited and "reached" for both peoples leg straps at once...you can visualize the rest.

The next load the jump was repeated...but my 165 jump butt was replaced Fabian and his 10,000 jumps. So I sit/backflew on the outside and observed. Needless to say they turned several points and it looked really cool.

Was explained to me afterwards that my only task was to adjust fall rate...live and learn.
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

Not that I have...They did the same dive flow for the succesfull attemp though.

Exit in 4 way star + two hangers. Star splits in half with each side having a hanger. Both do 360's. Reform 4 way star. Open the whole thing up on one side. Reform 4 way star. Open the whole thing up on the other side. Reform 4 way star. At 5k hangers let go in a stand while the belly fliers turn a couple more 4 way points for seperation from freeflyers before breaking off themselves.

Pardon my lack of correct RW terminology. Hope I made some kind of sense.

Hey - i was on that jump!!!
I was the bellyflier in the blue and yellow suit (although i got to freefly some later on :)
Don't worry about not getting back in, it was a challenging dive for anyone and once it blew apart you did a good job getting back to the slot you were supposed to be in and i am sure if there had been a little more time we'd have got it.

(The final attempt was pretty cool and i am glad you were on it as well!! - shame the video didn't turn out!)
Never try to eat more than you can lift

That's awesome!!! I totally remember you. Glad you made home safely to the UK.

I spoke with JP (diablopilot) yesterday at the dz. He is tossing around ideas for a hybrid workshop...like every sunday for 6 or 8 weeks with the goal of building up to some really cool stuff.

I can't think of a better way to satisfy my final C license requirement than some 8 way+ Hybrid RW jumpsB|